Job Title: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Job Id: ITS0318201
Location: Reston, VA
The ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. The candidate must possess the technical skills and experiences with Amazon Web Services and continuous delivery systems.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization. The Sr. DevOps Engineer must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement automated solutions, based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management standards/metrics to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
- Use metrics to establish feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing and time frames.
- Provide support (coaching and mentoring) for teammate’s work activities on a regular basis
- Actively review their own and the team’s work product and implement improvements seen from other teams or within the industry to drive continuous improvement of the team’s efficiency, speed, and quality.
- Design a system that allows for monitoring and reporting.
- Develop full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality and reduced time to market.
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets necessary to support the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Integrate COTs products across the continuous delivery pipeline to provide a comprehensive automated system from epic definition, development, test and deploy of CB applications within our data center and Amazon.
- The candidate will plan for work, but is primarily a hands-on engineer that leads by doing. The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation
- upport the development of standards by creating templates for ease of use and increase system productivity
- Foster, and build a community of practice for collective learning of the tools and system across all disciplines
- Ability to support nonstandard working hours as needs arise to ensure business continuity of critical systems
- Support standard services within agreed to SLAs with an attention to detail and exceptional customer support
- Standard services:
- Build support
- Environment troubleshooting and remediation
- Version control and artifact management
- Cross team training
- Release and deployment support
Education/Years of Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in software systems, programming, and infrastructure development and administration
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with full stack development.
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
- Detailed understanding of:
- Configuration and Release Management best practices
- Build languages, ANT, Gradle, Maven
- Version control platforms (e.g. Git/BitBucket, SVN)
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite, Sonar, Crucible and Electric Commander
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB) Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like DataDog, SumoLogic, NewRelic, and Nagios
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
- Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment