Job Title: IT Technical Architect
Job Id: ITS0218073
Location: Baltimore, MD
- Provide Technical Architecture support by researching, analyzing and internalizing the current ‘As Is’ Data Center Infrastructure and Technical Equipment (Servers, Mainframe, Gateways, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Cloud, Application Interfaces, etc.)
- Provide Technical Architecture support by designing the Future ‘To Be’ of the Data Center Infrastructure and Technical Equipment (Servers, Mainframe, Gateways, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Cloud, Application Interfaces, etc.)
- Closely work with Project Manager and Stakeholders in terms of identifying the Industry Best Practices, new technology tools and risks associated with current and future Technical Designs.
- This is NOT an operational role. The candidate will not be responsible to physically install any of the technical equipment.
- Develop operational, installation, configuration and upgrade documentation for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage, software and other computer related systems.
- Serve as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users, and vendors regarding service requests, usage, standards, security, and other technical matters.
- Provides on site or remote access diagnoses and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- Gather data both internally as well as externally for development/maintenance and deployment of infrastructure services.
- Understand and articulate the project requirements in terms of infrastructure encompassing hardware, LAN and WAN services, telephony services, electrical supply (UPS, Generator), cooling and fire suppressant systems and ensuring availability of infrastructure services. Design, implementation, support, monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure software platforms, including but not limited to server / client operating systems, messaging and database services, reporting platforms, Citrix, VPN, Web Services, web proxies and communication protocol including but not limited to CICS, SNA, TCP/IP.
- Occasional travel within USA may be required to client data centers to verify and validate hardware & software
- Other technical responsibilities as assigned by the Project Manager
Mandatory Requirements :
- Under Graduate Degree in Computer Science and/or related Technical field
- Minimum 10 years’ diverse experience with IT Projects
- Minimum 4 years specific design experience with Technical Architecture
- Minimum 4 years of ‘Hands-On’ demonstrated success in working in a data center/cloud environment involving network protocols, application interfaces, etc.
- Mainframe: Worked with IT projects involving support or application development in IBM Mainframe environment. Must be able to understand and work with Mainframe Network Protocols
- Web Services: Worked with IT projects involving support or application development in Web Services environment. Must be able to understand and work with Web Services Network Protocols
- Gateways/Routers/Firewalls/Switches: Worked with IT projects involving design, support or configuration of Gateways/Routers/Firewalls/Switches. Must be able to understand and work with associated Network Communication Protocols
- Professional certification in the areas of communication/infrastructure/architecture or equivalent · Experience in verbal and written communication – Technical documentation of Data Center Equipment, Network Diagrams, Application Interfaces, etc.
- Experience in facilitation and monitoring work done by other Technical Staff
- Experience working in a team environment and achieving results working together in a collaborative manner
- Experience being Self-Driven individual who can work under minimal supervision
- Ability to excel and contribute in Outcome-driven, results-based engagement
Desirable Requirements :
- Masters in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Past experience in projects involving Gateways/Routers/Firewalls/Switches/Cloud Network between multiple US Cities or multiple Countries · Past experience in Mainframe/Legacy modernization projects
- Experience with overseeing and developing strategic infrastructure roadmap
- Experience in SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Experience in Server Load Balancing and Clustered Servers
- Prior experience with Government and Procurement activities
- Proven research skills and in the areas of trends and effectiveness of the technology and tools while understanding and maintaining legacy